A sight for sore eyes.
Whether you are walking, biking, hitching a ride or taking a bus, you are spoilt for choice with the variety and range of local sights around the Hastings district.
From history and culture to retail therapy and gastronomy, this area has choices galore.
Have a look at the following:
- Osmanthus Garden, (Tomoana Road) celebrates Hastings’ sister city partnership with Guilin. Come in March and view the lighting of the garden in honour of this relationship
- Frimley Park Rose Garden, (Frimley Road). Likened to Kew Gardens: 5000 roses plus an outstanding playground
- Back out to the country and you’re in Haumoana (walking and wetlands), Te Awanga (coastal wineries and the gateway to Cape Kidnappers), Esk Valley (think wine again!), then into the river-side town of Clive (eclectic retail and water sports) and on to Havelock North for boutique shopping at the base of Te Mata Peak
- Shine Falls (Heays Access Road) is a little bit off the beaten track but so worth a look
- Hit the beach! Beautiful Waipatiki Beach is encircled by two towering cliffs and offers swimming, surfing, fishing and diving – or just lazing in the sun.
These are just a few morsels of ideas for your sightseeing plans. Talk to us and we can guide you in the right direction.
You’re spoilt for choice in Hawke’s Bay